Thursday, April 14, 2005

I'm a little bit country, ...

If you can believe this... Seems to leave out a ton of varieties of American English. (I also think quite a bit of my English has been shaped by my experiences teaching English in Taiwan all these years.)


Your Linguistic Profile:



55% General American English

25% Dixie

20% Yankee

0% Midwestern

0% Upper Midwestern



[4/17/05 Update: Bridget Samuels (a.k.a. ilani ilani) has put together an analysis of the dialect test in order to answer "why is it that a bunch of Californians have been scoring 5% Dixie" on it... Check it out.]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting--even though I'm in Dixie, I only have a 15% score in that area. Are you sure you're not living in southern Taiwan?

Jonathan Benda said...

Well, you always did define yourself in opposition to those around you...